Anti-DKK1 Monoclonal Antibody for Liver Cancer Treatment
- Therapeutic Biologics
- Reference No.
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- Liver cancer (Hepatocellular carcinoma, HCC) is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and ninth in women. There were over 780,000 new cases worldwide with 50% of total accounted in China. (American Cancer Society, 2015)
- At present, there are only a few molecular targeted therapies for HCC patients, and anti-DKK1 antibody has not been considered for treating HCC, which may be a potential therapy and additional option for HCC patients.
- Data showed that DKK1 enhanced growth of HCC cells in vivo.
Key Advantages of the Technology
- In vitro test on HCC cell lines showed that anti-DKK1 antibody is able to suppress cell migration of HCC cells.
- In vivo test on mice demonstrated the suppressive effect of anti-DKK1 monoclonal antibody on the growth of HCC tumor.
- Data shows that serum levels of DKK1 could serve as a prognosis of HCC for patients.
- Figure 1: Anti-DKK1 antibody was able to inhibit the migration of cell when compared to the control group.
- Figure 2: Tumor size and mass in mice decreased when injected with DKK1 antibody, indicating that anti-DKK1 antibody is able to suppress tumor growth.
Potential Product and Services
- Anti-DKK1 antibody as treatment for HCC patients
- Anti-DKK1 antibody against cancer metastasis in HCC patients
- US Patent Application No. 13/361,439;
- Chinese Patent No. ZL201280016543.1 issued on 13 Apr 2016;
- EP Patent No. 2670435 issued on 23 Aug 2017
- Patent application submitted