Cost effective finger motion sensor attachment for clinical assessment
- Medical Devices and New Materials
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- There is no cost effective measures to measure the motion of each finger simultaneously
- Existing sensor gloves mainly target for clinical assessment focus on hand movement only, rather than finger movement.
- Sensor used to measure finger motion are often too heavy, thus interferes the motion of the user.
- Sensor gloves cannot be used by persons with different sized hand, incorrect fit may gives inaccurate results.
Key Advantages of the Technology
|Our Finger motion sensor attachment||Product from Brand H|
|Measure finger motion||Measure finger motion|
|Cost effective||High cost|
|Fit on hands of different sizes||Fit on hands of certain size|
|Little interference to finger motion||Weight of sensors greatly affect finger motion|
Potential Product and Services
- Clinical assessment of hand surgery, neurosurgery outcome and rehabilitation
- Compensation judgement by insurance company for level of disabilities
Development Status and IP Strength
- US Provisional Patent Application No. 62/464,060
- Device prototype is available in laboratory scale