New Generation of Sensors Infectious Diseases Detection
- Advanced Materials
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- Around 14 million people were killed by Infectious diseases annually worldwide, i.e. 25% of the total death recorded. Therefore, there is high prevalence rate of infectious diseases and increased demand for rapid diagnostic techniques due to slow turnaround time of current techniques.
- Infectious diseases point-of-care testing (POCT) market is set to rise from $696.1 million in 2015 to just over $1.17 billion by 2022 according to research and consulting firm GlobalData1
- The rising demand for faster diagnosis and control of influenza due to the rapidly increasing prevalence of influenza.
- The global influenza diagnostics market is expected to reach USD 767.4 Million by 2021 from USD 508.0 Million in 20162
1 https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/diagnostics/infectious-diseases- point-of-care-testing-market-will-rise-to-over-117-bn-by-2022-says-globaldata/53965042
Key Advantages of the Technology
- Provide a wide range of the environmental characteristics as the sensing area contains spatially varying structures and a broader range of environmental properties can be sensed more effectively at specific structures.
- Low cost as the technology is based on image capturing by commercial image sensors, which can be faster and cheaper than then existing optical sensing system
- Increase of sensitivity by the specially designed image processing algorithms with unique and novel image recognition and machine learning based sensing method
Potential Product and Services
- Medical devices products for:
- Infectious diseases point-of-care testing
- influenza indicator
Development Status and IP Strength
- US Provision Application No. 62/513,631