Novel Anti-aging Agents as SIRT1 Activators
- Therapeutic Biologics
- Reference No.
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- The global anti aging market is expected to exceed more than US$ 271.0 Billion by 2024; Growing at a CAGR of about 8% between 2019 to 2024.
- SIRT1 is one of the most conserved anti-aging/longevity-promoting proteins across species. Increased SIRT1 activity has been documented as beneficial in various aging related diseases. Upregulation of SIRT1 is one of the molecular mechanisms underlying dietary restriction, the only intervention that extends life-span and healthiness in multiple species.
- However, the candidates identified as activators of SIRT1 are very limited.
Key Advantages of the Technology
This invention showed that:
Lamin A is a novel SIRT1 activator and it binds to and activates SIRT1 deacetylase (A).
Lamin A 1-80aa peptide can activate SIRT1 (Fig. 1B)
Resveratrol enhances SIRT1 activity by increasing its interaction with lamin A-dependent manner (Fig. 1C)
Lamin A, a Lamin A peptide and resveratrol as candidates for SIRT1 activators
Demonstrated the anti-aging effect of resveratrol and the underlying mechanism
Potential Product and Services
Therapeutics to alleviate progeroid features in Laminopathy-based progeria Anti-aging health supplements
- Other medications for diseases or conditions related to the dysregulation of SIRT1 deacetylase activity
- US Patent No. 10,086,039 issued on 2 Oct 2018;
- CN Patent No. ZL 201380070195.0 issued on 5 Sep 2017