HKU hosts the first Industry Forum on Display Technologies
The HKU-Industry Forum on Display Technologies was held on January 10 (Thursday) at the University of Hong Kong (HKU).
The forum served as a platform for exchanging ideas and fostering deeper connections between HKU and the industry.
Eight display companies and market intelligence companies participated in the event. They included IHS Markit, Clarivate Analytics, BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd, China Star Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd. (CSOT), TCL Electronics, Guangzhou ChinaRay Optoelectronic Materials Co., Ltd, PlayNitride Inc., and Tianma Micro-electronics.
Six HKU research teams showcased their innovative display technologies on OLED emitter materials, optoelectronic materials and devices, transparent conductive films and innovative LEDs.
A concurrent showcase zone was arranged to present HKU display technology offerings to the attendees. One-on-one meetings were also held between industry companies and HKU research groups to discuss possible collaboration opportunities.
The forum was organised by HKU’s Technology Transfer Office and supported by the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Engineering. At the forum, invited speakers from leading display companies and market intelligence companies talked about the latest industry trends and market needs.
Display technologies showcased and Principal Investigators (PI) of the HKU research teams:
OLED emitter materials
- Professor Vivian Yam, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science
- Professor Aleksandra B Djurišić, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science
- Dr Francis Ling, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science
Transparent Conductive Film and Nanophotonics
- Dr Wen-di Li, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
Optoelectronic devices and Hole Transport Materials
- Professor Wallace Choy, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- Dr Anthony Choi, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
HKU-Industry Forum website: https://www.tto.hku.hk/event/hku-industry-forum-on-display-technologies/
For the online press release and photos, please visit: http://www.hku.hk/press/news_detail_18950.html