Anti-Leakage Surgical Kit for Filling Cavities with Therapeutic Agents
- Medical Devices
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- It is estimated that 60%-80% of a population will experience low back pain in life time. At least 40% of subject with chronic back pain is due to intervertebral disc degeneration. Regenerative medicine strategies are under intensive investigation for the treatment of degenerated intervertebral discs. These strategies will use cell, biomaterial, or bioactive substances as treatment media to reconstruct or rejuvenate the intervertebral disc.
- The present invention is a new design to ensure these elements will be delivered to the treatment site securely
Key Advantages of the Technology
- The invention is a surgical tool to introduce a biomaterial plug to the opening of annulus fibrosus created during surgery. The plug prevents leakage of the injected substances in the nucleus pulposus.
- The plug is composed of a specially formulated biomaterial.
Potential Product and Services
Medical apparatus contains tools and biomaterials for injection of therapeutic agents safely and securely.
Development Status and IP Strength
Stage of Development
- Animal study completed to prove the concept
- US Patent No. 9,307,968
- PRC Patent No. ZL201380020022.8
- EP Patent No. 2861188
- Germany Patent No. 2861188
- UK Patent No. 2861188
- France Patent No. 2861188
- Switzerland Patent No. 2861188